Refer-A-Friend Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
ACN Refer A Friend - Customer Terms & Conditions (U.S. Only)
Effective December 8, 2014
Revised October 18, 2018
AS OF OCTOBER 18, 2018 (“TRANSITION DATE”), THE STRIVE FOR 5 PROGRAM WILL BE RENAMED THE REFER-A-FRIEND PROGRAM AND, FURTHER, REFER-A-FRIEND CREDIT WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERED FOR ANY SERVICE EXCEPT FLASH WIRELESS SERVICE. ACCORDINGLY, AS OF THE TRANSITION DATE, NEW REFER-A-FRIEND PROGRAM CREDITS AND QUALIFICATION WILL ONLY BE BASED ON ELIGIBLE REFERRED FLASH WIRELESS CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE REFER-A-FRIEND PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THESE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”).
ORIGINATING CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS RECEIVING REFER-A-FRIEND CREDIT ON ELIGIBLE REFERRED CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS THAT QUALIFIED UNDER THE STRIVE FOR 5 TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT WERE APPLICABLE IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE TRANSITION DATE (AVAILABLE HERE (THE “PRIOR TERMS”)) AND WERE ACTIVATED PRIOR TO THE TRANSITION DATE WILL CONTINUE RECEIVING CREDIT UNTIL SUCH CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS BECOME INELIGIBLE OR INVALID UNDER THE PRIOR TERMS, AT WHICH POINT THE CUSTOMER MUST REFER NEW FLASH WIRELESS CUSTOMERS THAT QUALIFY UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN REFER-A-FRIEND QUALIFICATION. TO BE CLEAR, NO NEW REFER-A-FRIEND CREDIT MAY BE OBTAINED AFTER THE TRANSITION DATE OTHER THAN FOR ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED FLASH WIRELESS ACCOUNTS.
Originating Customer – The customer who is referring other customers to Flash Wireless to be eligible for a Refer-a-Friend bill credit.
Referred Customers – The Flash Wireless customers used toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend eligibility.
Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC) – A customer’s Monthly Recurring Charge for eligible Flash Wireless service, excluding taxes, fees, surcharges or additional features.
How can I become eligible to get FREE* Flash Wireless service?
- Originating Customer must be active, current on all billing, and must have a Flash Wireless account in order to receive a Refer-a-Friend credit.
- Originating Customer must refer 5 Eligible Referred Customer Flash Wireless accounts or lines, as applicable (see below for additional details).
Who are Eligible Referred Customers?
- Only Flash Wireless customers can be Eligible Referred Customers.
- To be an Eligible Referred Customer, the applicable customer account must be activated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Other than with respect to Flash Wireless Family Plans, each active Flash Wireless Referred Customer line will count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification, and the lines do not need to be on separate accounts. For example, if a Referred Customer has a Flash Wireless account with three, active lines, then all three lines will count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification. Each Flash Wireless Family Plan customer account, regardless of the number of lines, will count as one Referred Customer toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- If an Originating Customer has multiple lines on their personal Flash Wireless account, those additional lines do not count as Eligible Referred Customers for Refer-a-Friend qualification. For example, if an Originating Customer has a Flash Wireless plan with two separate lines, the second line would not count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification; however, the Originating Customer could be eligible for multiple bill credits as explained in the Calculation of Credits section below.
- Originating Customers with multiple Flash Wireless accounts can use those additional accounts for personal Refer-a-Friend qualification. The additional accounts will be subject to the Eligible Referred Customer conditions, and the multiple line rules as specified above may also apply. For example, if an Originating Customer has two Flash Wireless accounts and only the first is receiving a Refer-a-Friend credit, the second account (and, if applicable, its multiple lines) may be eligible for use toward Refer-a-Friend qualification, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Customer eligibility will be determined on the fifth day of each calendar month. Referred Customer accounts with a past due balance as of this date will not count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- Only Referred Customer accounts directly referred by the Originating Customer count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification. For example, if an Originating Customer’s Referred Customer referred another customer, that second referred customer’s account would not count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification.
- In order for a Referred Customer’s line to count toward an Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification, the Referred Customer must enter the Originating Customer’s phone number (associated with their eligible Flash Wireless account) at the time the Referred Customer establishes their account. For example, a Referred Customer who is signing up for Flash Wireless service must enter the Originating Customer’s Flash Wireless phone number during the order process. The Referred Customer account (including each line under the account) will be attributed to the Originating Customer account associated with the Originating Customer phone number entered.
- An Originating Customer account that is receiving Refer-a-Friend credit is not eligible to be a Referred Customer account. If a Referred Customer account becomes an Originating Customer account that is receiving Refer-a-Friend credit, the Referred Customer account will no longer qualify as such. This rule applies to Referred Customer accounts with multiple lines. For example, if John is a Referred Customer with five active lines on one Flash Wireless account, and John then qualifies for Refer-a-Friend on one of those lines, his entire account (including each of its lines) becomes ineligible to count as a Referred Customer.
- Important Note Regarding Existing Customers Converting to Flash Wireless Family Plan Lines: An existing Flash Wireless Referred Customer who converts their single line plan to a Family Plan in which they are NOT the account holder will no longer count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend qualification in respect to the converted line. If an existing Flash Wireless Referred Customer converts their single line plan to a Family Plan in which they ARE the account holder (and maintains all other eligibility requirements), they will continue to count toward the Originating Customer’s Refer-a-Friend eligibility. For example, If John has a single line Flash Wireless plan that is being used toward Kim’s Refer-a-Friend eligibility and he moves his line to his brother Mike’s Flash Wireless Family Plan, John’s line will no longer count toward Kim’s Refer-a-Friend qualification, as John isn’t the account holder; however, if John converts his own single line plan to a Family Plan in which he is the account holder, Kim will continue to receive Refer-a-Friend credit for John as a Referred Customer.
- This program is intended for ACN customers to refer their friends and family to Flash Wireless as new customers, and should not be advertised or marketed in a commercial manner. Commercial accounts/customers are not eligible.
TIP: We highly encourage each customer to refer and maintain more than the minimum of 5 Eligible Referred Customers in case one or more Referred Customers are no longer eligible to count toward Refer-a-Friend qualification.
How do I get the credit on my bill?
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, a credit equal to the MRC for the Originating Customer’s eligible Flash Wireless account will be applied to the monthly bill for that account each month as long as 5 Eligible Referred Customer accounts or lines, as applicable (see above), are maintained. Notwithstanding the foregoing:
- Other than Flash Wireless Family Plan accounts, if you have multiple lines under your account, the monthly credit will be equal to the MRC associated with only one of those lines not already receiving Refer-a-Friend credit.
- An Originating Flash Wireless Customer, other than a Flash Wireless Family Plan customer, with an account with multiple lines is eligible to receive a monthly credit on each line, but each line must separately meet the Refer-a-Friend Originating Customer eligibility requirements. For example, if an Originating Customer has two Flash Wireless lines and refers 10 or more eligible Flash Wireless lines, the Originating Customer may receive two MRC credits.
- An Originating Flash Wireless Customer with a Flash Wireless Family Plan as their eligible account and who has as Referred Customers both Flash Wireless Family Plan customers and individual plan customers will receive a maximum credit on their monthly bill equal to the then-current highest MRC for individual plans offered by Flash Wireless for the underlying carrier to which Originating Customer’s applicable account is attributed.
- Credits may take up to two months to be applied. The Originating Customer must be active and current on all billing at the time the credit is applied.
- Tax, fees, and surcharges on the credit amount still apply, where applicable.
- If a Referred Customer is determined to be ineligible or otherwise invalid, ACN reserves the right to reverse the credit to the Originating Customer.
ACN has the right to modify the Refer-a-Friend Program at its discretion for compliance, administrative or other similar reasons at any time, with or without notice. ACN has the right to discontinue the Refer-a-Friend at any time in ACN’s discretion, provided that ACN will post notice at least 30 days in advance of such discontinuance. Should ACN discontinue the Refer-a-Friend Program, credits will still be applied for a period of up to 6 months following the discontinuance date, assuming the Originating Customer is active, does not have a past due account, and maintains the 5 Eligible Referred Customer accounts or lines, as applicable, used for Refer-a-Friend qualification as of the discontinuance date through the end of that 6 month period.